[OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX: Problem with BibTex

Will Robertson will at mecheng.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Apr 29 00:00:33 EDT 2004

On 29 Apr 2004, at 12:06, Lisa Schweitzer wrote:
> <bibtex nastiness>
>
> Does anybody  have advice on what is easier:
>
> 1. Trying to modify the existing .bst file I am using to force it to
> include/format information on URLs, OR
> 2. Change to a different bst file and different style, and just
> whatever I need to in order to get rid of those errors?

Hi Lisa

I haven't had to use URLs in by bibliography before, so I can't offer
specific advice. However, I would recommend trying out different bst
files long  before editing your own---as I understand it, bst file are
fairly bizarre and difficult to comprehend.

There is a perl script on ctan call "urlbst" that is designed to ADD
the url field (and others) to an already existing bst file. That may or
may not help.

Looks like the dinat.bst can do what you want. Hopefully it's not
exclusively  in German.

HTH

Will