[OS X TeX] Using long tables with a multiple column environment

James Swan jswan at u.arizona.edu
Thu Apr 29 18:18:29 EDT 2004

Does anyone have experience generating tables that extend beyond one
page and wrapping those tables into another text column on the same
page.  I've been able to get the supertabular environment to work with
\twocolumn but not with multicols.  Longtable is in operable with
either.

What I would like to do is use a perl script to make a long set of data
suitable for wrapping this way in latex.  This data requires that there
be three numbers on each line the left one right justified, the center
one centered and the right one left justified.  It would be best I
suppose to do this without a table at all, but i don't think that's
possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jim Swan