[OS X TeX] XeTeX

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Apr 29 20:21:00 EDT 2004

Maybe I am missing something, but I can't seem to get XeteX to work
with TeXShop and Unicode in what I think is the obvious way:

Set Texshop's text encoding to UTF-8

If I now open the XeTeX 0.5 Sample "test.ltx", the unicode characters
in the source do not appear as expected, but as character pairs.
Presumably this is because they are in 16 bit Unicode?

So, how can things be set up so that I can type unicode in the source,
and see it as expected there, as well as in the output?

Ralph