[OS X TeX] altpdflatex and font problems

Ross Moore ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Mon Aug 2 03:25:10 EDT 2004

>>  ....  This runs perfectly on
>> pdflatex. Unfortunately it doesn't run fine on altpdflatex, under
>> either TeXShop or iTexMac. In particular, what doesn't work are any of
>> the glyphs that I've copied by hand into the spots to create that 8x
>> encoding -- not the lower case figures, for instance, of the ffi and
>> ffl ligatures, nor the whimsical "k" substitutions I made. I must use
>> altpdflatex, however, as I use a tree-drawing program that needs to
>> PS.

Have you tried using the  ps4pdf  package with pdf-LaTeX ?
It's available on CTAN or at  http://www.perce.de/LaTeX/ps4pdf/
(and other places --- use Google!)

It works "second time around" in the sense that on the first
typesetting run, commands are setup to treat the environments
that need PS to be handled as separate images. These are then
processed and converted to PDF, using  epstopdf  or similar.

On all subsequent runs, provided there have been no changes
to the contents of the special environments, the PDF images
are imported. If changes have occurred, then the images are
updated ready for the next processing run.

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>