[OS X TeX] A few questions

Jose Carrion josecarrion at mac.com
Wed Aug 4 19:09:35 EDT 2004

On Aug 4, 2004, at 11:16 AM, nathan.sidoli at utoronto.ca wrote:

> Hello All --
>
> I've just set up teTeX on a G4 powerbook. I installed Wierda's dist and
> moved all my LaTeX files etc over from my linux machine.
>
> I like to write in emacs and view the .dvi as I go, only converting to
> .pdf at the end. Carbon Emacs looks nice but it doesn't act the way I
> expect so it looks like I'll just run emacs in the apple terminal.

Try downloading the Emacs 21.3.50 binary from Alex Rice's website:

  http://mindlube.com/products/emacs/index.html

I prefer this Emacs to all others I tried when I was in your position
about a year ago.  I compiled the source myself, but I suppose the
binary should work fine.  I used to call xdvi right from Emacs and the
dvi preview would pop up in X11 just fine.  Now I use pdfeTeX and
TeXShop as my previewer---it's much nicer, with automatic refreshing of
the preview window and other niceties.

Jose Carrion

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>