[OS X TeX] Publicon: a new technical publishing tool

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 11 10:18:16 EDT 2004

On 8/11/04 3:03 AM, "Bruno Voisin" <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Also on the internet today: Wolfram Research launched Publicon, a new
> tech publishing tool with XML, TeX and HTML export capabilities
> <http://www.wolfram.com/products/publicon/>. It looks like a
> stand-alone version of Mathematica's editing functionalities.
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

Thanks for this information. It looks like it might make a very nice ``front
end'' for LaTeX; visual development in Publicon (terrible name) with final
processing and tweaking in LaTeX. I'm sure the line breaking, etc., isn't as
nice a TeX's so tweaking would be necessary. I am a bit afraid that the
LaTeX code it generates will be very ugly.

This might be great for those who have used FrameMaker in the past since
Adobe has announced it won't support it on the Mac any more.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>