[OS X TeX] Embedding fonts in PDF file

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Wed Aug 11 14:40:27 EDT 2004

hi greg.

this might help if
(a) you installed tex via the iinstaller
(b) you want to include the base fonts that are by default not included

(for other constellations, you might want to edit your mapfiles,
probably via updmap, but probably someone else should explain this ;-))

- open iinstaller,
- open the tex.ii2 package,
- run "configure only",
- check only "update font mappings" and hit select,
- probably you don't want to add/deselect any of the mapfiles, so just
hit select,
- in the dialogue that is called "configure for full font inclusion"
select "include"

let the script finish,
generate a pdf-file and check (f.i. in adobe reader under document
properties -> fonts) whether all fonts were included the way you wanted
to.

hope this helps, otherwise you might want to look at which fonts
weren't embedded and examine the mapfiles - but as i said, i don't
really feel at home with that, so somebody else might have better
advice.

cheers,
jan

On Aug 11, 2004, at 1:00 PM, Greg Starr wrote:

> Earlier this spring I queried this group about how to embed all fonts
> in the PDF file; it's necessary for electronic submission of a paper.

[...]

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>