[OS X TeX] BibTeX keywords

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Wed Aug 11 17:32:15 EDT 2004

Jon,

On Aug 11, 2004, at 2:11 PM, Jon Crump wrote:

> Does anybody know of an existing utility for extracting a list of
> unique
> keywords from the keywords field of a BibTeX file? I should think this
> would be doable in an AppleScript, but being a scripting tyro I
> wouldn't
> know where to start. Maybe some manipulation of regular expressions in
> bbedit? or (god forbid) a perl script? Any sort of preliminary advice
> get me started would be welcome.

I'm not well-versed enough to tell you for certain, but it seems that
bibtool might be able to help with this request
(http://lml.ls.fi.upm.es/manuales/bibtool/).  Search the archives of
this list for some information on getting bibtool to run on Mac OS X.
I think there was some talk of including it it Gerban distribution, but
I don't know if it is there yet.

Sorry I can't be definitive, but hopefully the lead is helpful.

-- Curt

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>