[OS X TeX] Fwd: Unwanted files have which extensions?

Stefan Walsen stefan at walsen.net
Mon Aug 16 07:31:48 EDT 2004

Will Robertson wrote:
> I've written a "Clean Up" TeXShop macro which deletes every file that is
> `unwanted' in the folder of the current TeX document. I've defined
> unwanted files as those with extensions as any of the following:
>
>  {"aux", "bbl", "blg", "brf", "lof", "log", "lot", "pdfsync", "toc"}
>
> I'm looking to supplement the list, as I know I've missed many out (e.g.
> for indexes, especially). Can anyone suggest more?

I clean these:
   {aux,bbl,blg,brf,dvi,glo,idx,ilg,ind,lof,log,lot,out,toc}

actually, I also remove the pdf and html, but I think you normally
wouldn't want to do this :)

So that's:
   glo for the glossary,
   idx for the index file created by the latex run,
   ilg for the log file produced by makeindex,
   ind for the index files produced by makeindex,
   out for the hyperref pdf bookmarks
and maybe, if you want to,
   dvi for those using the altpdflatex route
in addition to those extensions you already mentioned.

You were going to only remove files with the same basename as the
current document, right?

Stefan
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>