[OS X TeX] New TeXShop macro: "Insert reference"

Jose Carrion josecarrion at mac.com
Mon Aug 23 11:53:31 EDT 2004

On Aug 23, 2004, at 9:52 AM, Kannan Moudgalya wrote:

> Your recent addition on insertion of references seems to be a useful
> one.
> Why I say "seems to be" is that I use emacs to create my documents and
> hence did not try out your recent macro.  This feature, nevertheless,
> may
> provide sufficient incentive to use the TeXShop editor - at least to
> check
> the references.  It will be interesting to know what the other emacs
> users
> feel about this.

I use AUCTeX and RefTeX in Emacs..  The control sequence C-c ) gets you
a list of all the labels in your document, or a list of certain types
or references (e.g. labels that refer to equations).  The list tells
you what section the label is contained in and is usually smart enough
to give you some context (in the case of an equation, it writes out the
equation, for example).  To insert, select the label you want and press
enter.  It also has a couple of other niceties that (try to) make your
life easier, but I won't bore you with the details.  Try it out.

Jose Carrion
<josecarrion at mac.com>

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>