[OS X TeX] New TeXShop macro: "Insert reference"

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Aug 24 09:15:06 EDT 2004

Hi Thomas,

On Aug 24, 2004, at 06:03, Thomas Schröder wrote:

> Am 24.08.2004 um 01:27 schrieb Claus Gerhardt:
>
>> For the citekeys I recommend to install BibDesk and use its "Complete
>> Citation" service: Type a word of the title, highlight it and press
>> cmd-shift-J.
>
> I already have BibDesk installed and I find it a great piece of
> software. I also like its citation service, but the thing is that you
> first have to type something, then select it, then search through
> several menu items, then delete the items you don't want.

My suggestion would be to use a key binding for selecting a word; from
TextExtras DefaultKeyBinding.dict, opt-w will select a word, which is
handy with the citation service.  For instance, I type \cite{mykey, hit
opt-w to select "mykey", then cmd-K to complete the citekey (or title
if you use that service).  That doesn't help trim the list, but it
saves a few mouse movements.

BibDesk's citation autocompletion feature ties into the OS completion
feature, so you get the standard popup right in the document.  It's
nice :).

Adam
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>