[OS X TeX] Bibliography Citations (was: New TeXShop macro: "Insert reference")

Adam Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Aug 24 09:20:01 EDT 2004

On Aug 24, 2004, at 06:15, Michael S. Hanson wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2004, at 3:41 AM, Will Robertson wrote:
>
>> Is this an issue [lack of macro support in Bibdesk] for other people
>> as well, or am I over-reacting?

It's on the list, but requires rewriting the C library that BibDesk
uses to parse BibTeX.

> 	My two minor complaints with BibDesk right now are:  (1) the order
> and width of the columns in the list of citations is not preserve
> across re-launching the app,

I don't have this problem.  Can you file a bug or please discuss this
with me off-list?

>  and (2) the default keybinding for BibDesk's "Complete Cite Key"
> Service is [Cmd]-K, which conflicts with the Font Panel in TeXShop.  I
> was able to use the Keyboard Shortcuts in the Panther System
> Preferences to redefine the keybinding for the Font Panel in TeXShop,
> but I'm puzzled why the Services keybinding did not default to
> [Cmd]-[Shift]-K as it does with BBEdit.  And I have no idea how to
> modify _that_.

I've never figured out how services modify their keyboard shortcuts.
It is odd that TeXShop doesn't change the service key binding, or
disable it (as Mail does).

Adam

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>