[OS X TeX] Spam Problem on the Mailing List Server?

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Wed Aug 25 03:36:49 EDT 2004

On 25 Aug 2004, at 4:34 PM, Holger Frauenrath wrote:

> is it only me or is everybody else also drowned in spam email from the
> TeX on Mac OS X mailing list? It started this morning, and at the
> current speed I get about 360 mails per hour ... impressive.

Yeah, it's pretty bizarre. Certainly seems more aggressive than
actually advertising. What point does it serve? Things like this make
me wonder if the internet has become large enough to exhibit forms of
behaviour that are unpredictable to anyone.

> Can one do something about it?

Well, I've set up a filter in Mail.app so it's all immediately trashed,
but I'm sure Gary will block the relevant IP addresses or whatever when
he realises.

Maybe it's Gerben playing a trick on us while he's on holidays :)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>