[OS X TeX] applescripts for TeXShop and iTeXMac?

Matthew Hills hills_tex at tina.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 27 15:13:52 EDT 2004

Any advice on writing scripts that will run on both TeXShop and iTeXMac?

While I can write a script that can run from both environments, there
is an unfortunate tendancy for the both applications to be opened when
the scripts are compiled (presumably to access the relevant
dictionaries?).

my general approach is:

>   set current_app to ....  (figure out which app is launching the
> script)
>   if current_app is "TeXShop" then
>          tell application "TeXShop"
>          end tell
>   end if
>   if current_app is "iTeXMac" then
>          tell application "iTeXMac"
>          end tell
>   end if

I'm thinking that there should be some way to get around this by using
the raw forms:
>     if current_app = "TeXShop" then
>         tell application current_app
> of the front document

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble getting this to work when compiled
from TeXShop.  (works fine when run from the Scrip Editor).

Has anyone else found a happy way to do these things?  (basically I
just need to get the
current selected text and potentially replace it with some new text)

Thanks,
Matt

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>