[OS X TeX] Command Completion and TeXShop 1.35

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Aug 30 16:52:33 EDT 2004

Howdy,

Some folks out there might have downloaded and be using the more recent
CommandCompletion.txt files from my site. This is for those few.

With all of the neat changes and additions in TeXShop 1.35 I've discovered
that my more recent CommandCompletion.txt files---ones that have the `€'
character in them---will no longer be read by TeXShop so Command Completion
will no longer work with those file.

To allow those files to work with 1.35 you should do a simple global search
and replace the `€' (Opt-8) characters with the `#' character (Shft-3). This
is not and ideal solution since the `#' character is a special character to
TeX but it is a stopgap until a better solution is found. (Is there an
``invisible'' character that I can use as a placeholder?)

You also need to change the line

set searchString to "€"

in the two Applescript Macros, ``Find Next "Tab"'' and ``Find Previous
"Tab"'', to

set searchString to "#"

and those will also work with the updated CommandCompletion.txt file.

The best news is that by changing the

--Applescript

line in the two macros to

--Applescript direct

You get MUCH faster execution of the macros and can jump to the next place
holder ("Tab") much more quickly.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>