[OS X TeX] The Gloss Package in Mac LaTeX env.

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Aug 31 14:18:27 EDT 2004

On 8/31/04 12:12 PM, "George R.Spangler" <spang001 at umn.edu> wrote:

> I have been unsuccessful in installing Jose Luis Diiaz'  "Gloss"
> package in the Macintosh  OSX TeX environment. Any suggestions from the
> readership would be greatly appreciated.
> George R. Spangler, Professor

Howdy,

Just downloaded it and it seems to work Ok. Three things you should know:

1) Put the gloss.sty file somewhere in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/ assuming
it's for your private use.

2) You must do a LaTeX run, a BibTeX run and the two more LaTeX runs to
fully resolve all references.

3) Most importantly, if you're processing fname.tex the BibTeX run must be
done on the file fname.gls.aux not fname.aux. The simplest way to do this is
through the Terminal: bibtex path/fname.gls should do it.

Hope that works for you.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>