[OS X TeX] Endnote 8

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Wed Dec 1 05:04:04 EST 2004

Peder Axensten wrote:

>Endnote 8 is just released for Mac OS X.
>I'd be intereseted to hear experiences on using Endnote with LaTeX.
>Is it at all possible?

Very, very clunky. You'd be much better off using BibDesk. The utility of a BibTeX-based program (such as BibDesk) cannot be beaten. Having said that, Bookends is also a better bet than EndNote, both in general and for use with LaTeX. If you are concerned about being able to supply EnNote files to colleagues, you might consider Sente as a search and cataloging tool from which you export:

BibTeX for BibDesk bibliographies for use with LaTeX

and:

EndNote files for co-workers who need that type of thing.

This is how I work.

hth,

mark.

[Disclaimer: I have not used EndNote 8, so its probably worth checking that there has not been a drammatic change that makes it a good choice for use with anything other than MSWord.]
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>