[OS X TeX] Endnote 8

Eric M. Austin ema at CLEMSON.EDU
Wed Dec 1 10:53:35 EST 2004

>It certainly is possible, but I'd strongly advise you not to use
>this piece of crap that once was a really good app. Endnote allows
>BibDesk export, so there's no problem in managing your database and
>then doing a BibTeX export. The problem with Endnote is that while
>its feature set is excellent (the best in any bibliographic app
>IMO), it is a buggy and slow piece of crap and Thomson's upgrade
>policy is a joke. You get a yearly upgrade for $100 which is
>basically a bugfix. There's no really new feature in the new
>version: The main thing Unicode support which enables Endnote to
>talk to Word 2004, so we pay $100 to get Word compatibility back.
>
>Use BibDesk.

I hear you on all accounts.  I've been clinging to Endnote solely to
use  "RTF Document Scan"  when I'm forced to write a large document
in Word.  I've never been very lucky with Word's build-in citation
"capability."   Does anyone know of a good workaround for this?

TIA.  EMA
Eric Austin
Mac and LaTeX enthusiast
Department of Mechanical Engineering