[OS X TeX] Endnote 8

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Dec 1 15:42:04 EST 2004

On Dec 1, 2004, at 3:04 PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 1 dec 2004, at 20:59, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>
>> I took a look at BibDesk this afternoon (I haven't looked at it for
>> quite some time) and it is very nice app. Unfortunately for me, there
>> is one problem ... how do I get it to import references I obtain from
>> Web of Science? I use Web of Science A LOT and, as you might expect,
>> EndNote does this (almost) perfectly.
>
> I use the tools found at
>     http://www.scripps.edu/~cdputnam/software/software.html
> and they work for me (other than that the WoS truncates abstracts, but
> alas...).

Fantastic (and they almost work)! I am downloading ISI formatted
references from Web of Science and then converting them to .bib files
in the following manner:

(1) ./isi2xml ISIformat.txt > pippo.xml

(2) ./xml2bib pippo.xml > pippo.bib

Unfortunately, the .xml file is not properly getting the author names
and so the .bib file does not have the "and" between the names. For
example, the ISI authors look like:

AU Costanzo, F
    Gray, GL
    Andia, PC

and then the .xml authors look like:

     <name type="personal">
         <namePart type="given">F</namePart>
         <namePart type="given">Gray,</namePart>
         <namePart type="given">GL</namePart>
         <namePart type="given">Andia,</namePart>
         <namePart type="given">PC</namePart>
         <namePart type="family">Costanzo</namePart>
         <role>
             <roleTerm authority="marcrelator"
type="text">author</roleTerm>
         </role>
     </name>

so that the .bib authors come out as:

AUTHOR="Costanzo, F. Gray GL Andia PC",

which isn't correct (no "and"). Am I doing something wrong?

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>