[OS X TeX] DarwinPorts/package managers, and which do you prefer: htlatex or latex2html?

Stephan Hochhaus stephan at yauh.de
Thu Dec 2 09:49:05 EST 2004

Am 02.12.2004 um 13:00 schrieb Ross Moore:

>>> Which do others prefer--htlatex or latex2html, or something else?
>> htlatex is what I use. Except I have problems with ligatures (ff is
>> just one character in HTML). But besides that I find htlatex easier
>> and more flexible than latex2html.
>
> Just tell me what is missing for you in  latex2html  and I'll try to
> fix it.
At first I need to admit, that I haven't done too much testing with
LaTeX2HTML. I tried various solutions to convert tex to html and I
found one solution (LaTeX2HTML?) quite ok except the fact that it
didn't know how to handle some included packages...

> Perl is very flexible indeed, so should pose no real problem.
I like Perl very much, so I'd like to use that for conversion, but
somehow htlatex seems a little mor eadequate right now. The main reason
is, that I use specific styles or classes that are processed in htlatex
and I haven't tried this in LaTeX2HTML yet. How does LaTeX2HTML
approach the conversion process? Does it take the tex source file and
access the installed .sty and .cls files as well, or does it take a
.dvi file?

Stephan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>