[OS X TeX] Solved: latex command produces PDF instead of DVI

Vince McGarry vmcgarry at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 2 23:01:36 EST 2004

On 11/22/04 11:16 AM, "Gerben Wierda" <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:

> PS. latex now uses the pdfetex engine so that stuff there (like
> microtype) becomes available in DVI-producing TeX as well. TL2004 has a
> backward compatble fix for all those packages that check for pdfTeX the
> wrong way. I have added that fix to my setup.

Is this true? Is microtype available when using TeXShop and compiling with
%&program=latex? Or am I misunderstanding your statement?

I do get this warning:

Package microtype Warning: You don't seem to be using pdftex.
(microtype)                All micro-typographic features will be disabled.

Thanks

Vince McGarry
Austin Community College
Rio Grande Campus