[OS X TeX] (OT?) TeX and MacOSX (or what we should pretend from OSX applications).

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Dec 3 07:32:54 EST 2004

Am 03.12.2004 um 11:27 schrieb Massimiliano Gubinelli:

> The best way would be to force pdflatex not to embed fonts

I can understand and support your wish to have a TeX Fonts framework in
Mac OS X to ease programming and speed up production, but the wish that
I am citing cannot work. You would not be able to send a useful
document to the world outside the self-contained Mac OS X. The
framework could skip over the included fonts, for example. But then
what about the slightly condensed and elongated fonts in pdfTeX font
protrusion level 2? A second set of font suitcases containing PS
instead of bitmaps?

*I* would like to see in the carbonized Emacsen the ability to scale
fonts ...

--
Greetings

   Pete