[OS X TeX] {picture}

Aaron Jackson jackson at negril.msrce.howard.edu
Fri Dec 3 23:00:57 EST 2004

On Dec 3, 2004, at 9:43 PM, Vince McGarry wrote:
> I have used pdftricks, but just a little. Most of my code is still in
> pstricks and must be compiled using TeX and Ghostscript. I will
> probably
> begin using pdftricks on a regular basis after I finish with a current
> project that I began writing with pstricks to take advantage of the
> fine
> microtype features of pdftex.

I've been playing around with pstricks a little, mostly the circuit
drawing module.  As far as using pdftricks, there's nothing you need to
do in order to get your pstricks figures to work with pdflatex, other
than enclosing each pspicture inside a pdfdisplay environment.  The
pdftricks package creates separate tex files for each pspicture and
then runs them through latex and converts them into pdf files before
including them back into the original document.  There should be no
issues of compatibility.

One thing I did notice though, is that there are some font issues.  For
example, if I use mathptm all the text and math are in times, but the
axis numbers displayed by psgrid are in helvetica.  I asked
comp.text.tex about this and the pstricks developer sent me a fix.
It's on the official pstricks web site if you ever need to see it.
That's what I call service!

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>