[OS X TeX] dayroman font doesn't work on my computer

Patrick patrick at kan-an-derw.org
Sat Dec 4 18:49:41 EST 2004

samedi 4 décembre 2004, à 11:17  pm, Aaron Jackson a écrit :

> On Dec 4, 2004, at 5:08 PM, Patrick wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> I've installed the day roman font in my
>> /Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/  directory, but when I compile I get
>> this error message : <mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font
>> for dayrom__.>
>
> Installing fonts is fairly straight forward.  Since you didn't say
> what exactly you did to install them, there is no way to know what
> went wrong.

Sorry, well I put in my user's library:

-  the  <DAYROM_X.pfb> and <DAYROM__.pfb> files in
/Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/ type1/public/dayroman directory.
- the <DAYROM__.afm> and < DAYROM_X.afm> files in
/Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/fonts/afm/public/dayroman directory
- the <.tfm> files in
/Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/fonts/tfm/public/dayroman directory
- the <.vf> files in
/Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/fonts/vf/public/dayroman directory
- the <.fd> files in /Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/text/latex/dayroman
directory
- the <dayroman.ali> file in /Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/vtex/config
directory
- the <dayroman.map> file in /Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/dvips/config
directory

Then, as indicated on the <readme> file, I created a <config.ps> in
which I wrote the instruction <p +dayroman.map> and I put in
/Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/dvips/config directory,
and a <pdftex.cfg> file containing the line <map +dayroman.map> that I
put in /Users/patrickf/Library/texmf/pdftext/config directory.

> Search the list archives, I have posted detailed instructions on
> installing fonts and also check the following
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/bkerstetter/tex/fonttutorial-current.html
>
> and
>
> http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/info/Type1fonts/
> fontinstallationguide.pdf

Thanks for these addresses I didn't know. I'm going to download the
files.

> Basically, you have to make the tex support files (.fd, .tmf, .vf,
> .map, .pfb, .sty, ...) and then run updmap to get fonts to work.

- Patrick

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>