[OS X TeX] Re: Illustrator CS and WARMFigToPDF 4.0.3

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sun Dec 5 12:49:54 EST 2004

On Dec 5, 2004, at 12:19 PM, V.Yu.Shavrukov wrote:

> Thank you for making your application available to the public.
> I've tried it out and run into the following problems:
>
> Sometimes the illustration is misaligned with respect to the resulting
> pdf media box (the picture does not even fit in the box), and
> the pdflatex renditions of the marked objects
> are misaligned with respect to either.  I can send you examples
> if you are interested.  Quite possibly, I am doing something wrong
> with Illustrator settings.  It would be nice if the relevant aspects
> were explained in  http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/WFTPDF/ .
>
> If I move marked objects as part of a group of other elements,
> they tend bo be lost track of, so that they are not referenced
> in the .bb file.

Please send along reproducible steps that cause the problem you
describe and attach all the files you use in creating those steps. We
will try and figure out what is going wrong for you.

> Also, what are the "units" referred to in
> http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/WFTPDF/
> in connection with TeX's label boxes?

Each MO has a bounding box that is 2 "units" wide and 2 "units" high.
Unfortunately, those units are not equal to one another. The easiest
way to see this is with a picture. Say the bounding box of your MO is
shown below:

|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |
|-------------------(0,0)-------------------|
|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |

Each MO has its own local set of coordinates and the center of the MO
is at the coordinates (0,0). Given that its width is "two", you can
move the center of a MO to the point shown below (marked with a *):

|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |
*---------------------|---------------------|
|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |
|                     |                     |

by using L(1.00).

> How can one get rid of the  \small  default within your xypic
> environment?
> This is not in the editable preamble.

Ah yes, we should fix that. For now, simply comment it out. We will try
and get this fixed in the next day or two.

All the best,

-- Gary

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>