[OS X TeX] Flashmode 1.1
gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Dec 9 03:15:47 EST 2004
Flashmode 1.1 has been released. It can be downloaded from
The changes are:
- Flashmode can now be used regardless of the existence of a pdf file.
- When you type in the source window, the pdf window will automatically
come to the front in TeXniscope.
- When a copy of Flashmode is accidentally directed to a document that
is already controlled by Flashmode, the copy will beep and quit.
- To quit Flashmode - or any copy - and release the document, one can -
and should - use the new Applescript 'flashmode-quit', preferably via a
shortcut key. The script requires that the document, that should be
released, is the front document in BBEdit.
- When Flashmode (or any copy) starts, it will now first look for a
so-called protocol file of the document, stored in
/Applications/Flashmode.app/Contents/Protocols, and will beep and quit,
if a protocol file already exists. If it can't detect any, a protocol
file will be created and Flashmode starts working. The protocol file
cannot be removed by Flashmode but only by the script 'flashmode-quit'.
If Flashmode is quit manually, the protocol file will still exist and
all attempts to again control the document by Flashmode will fail. In
such a case 'flashmode-quit' should be run - with the document to be
front in BBEdit.
- It has also been necessary to rename the copies, they are now called
'Flashmode-alt', 'Flashmode-one', etc..
- There is now only one debug version of Flashmode, to minimize the
maintenance burden, namely, 'Flashmode-one-debug'.
- The Applescripts 'sync', 'sync-include-only', 'pdflatexc', and
'startup' have been slightly modified so that the cursor position won't
be changed in case of error.
I would appreciate receiving some feedback, please, specify machine
--------------------- Info ---------------------
Mac-TeX Website: http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/
& FAQ: http://latex.yauh.de/faq/
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>
More information about the MacOSX-TeX