[OS X TeX] seminar package

Donal Day dbd at virginia.edu
Thu Dec 9 15:10:52 EST 2004

I am trying to improve my slides by using the seminar package and I
came across this tutorial,

http://astronomy.sussex.ac.uk/~eddie/soft/tutorial.html

I copied all the preamble and the text of the example file there and
tried to compile it.

I had two problems:

1) the absence of seminar.bg3 (an unofficial bug correction) in my
distribution which I was able to find eventually at

  http://homepage.mac.com/farwer/iblog/latex/C569992058/E1780862256/

AND

2) the following error from the "Bacgrounds" section of the preamble
when I tried to compile the file

! Undefined control sequence.
l.148 \SeminarNewSlideFrameBackground
                                      {SeminarBackgroundComposite}{{ %

This same error appears when I compiled the assembled document
available at the mac.com address above.

I am using TexShop 1.35e and a very recent GW' tetex distribution.

I'd appreciate any ideas and help.

Donal Day

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>