[OS X TeX] Hidden .PfaEdit folder

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Dec 11 04:07:39 EST 2004

On 10 Dec 2004, at 13:01, Jeff Johnson wrote:

> I have the gw2003 TeX installation, and there's a hidden folder,
> .PfaEdit, in my home directory.  I assume it's related to the pfaedit
> i-package.

It might be related to pfaedit (or fontforge as it is now called) but
it is not created by the i-Package.

> The folder is owned by the system, and I have no access.

That is weird for a folder that has been created in your home
directory. However, what could have happened is that the first time you
used fontforge it was for converting the Latin Modern fonts in the TeX
i-Package, which is done as administrator.

It seems fontforge picks up an environment variable for this instead of
going for the user information based on real uid (in which case the
.pfaedit directory would have been created in ~root).

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>