[OS X TeX] mfpic error, bad installation

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Sun Dec 12 17:03:13 EST 2004

Le 12-déc.-04, à 18:33, Claus Gerhardt a écrit :

> After my temporary upgrade to TL2004, in which mfpic worked when some
> settings were avoided,  I installed TL2003, because of a babel bug,
> and now I mfpic doesn't work anymore, see the error message below: bad
> installation. My personal texmf folder contains no reference to any
> mfpic, metapost, etc. files.
>
> Claus
>
> This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.5.2) (mem=mpost 2004.11.29)
> 12 DEC 2004 18:21
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/web2c/cp8bit.tcx)
> **brane2.mp
> (brane2.mp
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/metapost/mfpic/grafbase.mp
> MPpic version 0.6 beta, 2003/01/02
> )
> >> GBmsg
> ! Isolated expression.
> <to be read again>
>                    "Bad mfpic installation: mfpic and grafbase
> versions do n...
> l.10 ...mfpic and grafbase versions do not match."
>                                                   ;
> ?
> ! Emergency stop.
> <to be read again>
>                    "Bad mfpic installation: mfpic and grafbase
> versions do n...
> l.10 ...mfpic and grafbase versions do not match."
>                                                   ;
> End of file on the terminal!

I have got a few months ago the same kind of problem. I used a
workaround : I installed the complete mfpic package, downloaded from
Dan Luecking's site,  in my home folder. There were no conflicts with
the "texmf.tetex" installation, because it was never used. TeX only
used my personal installation of mfpic.

Now, I work with the last settings from Gerben Wierda's latter TeXLive
2004 installation, and I haven't got  any problems...

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>