[OS X TeX] TL2003 vs. TL2004

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Dec 15 13:04:21 EST 2004

Having used both  TL2003 and TL2004 in recent weeks, let me share my
experiences with you: In TL 2003 metapost and htlatex was broken for
me; on the other hand, after applying Bruno's babel patch, TL2004  runs
fine and faster than TL2003 with the only (minor) exception that the
option 'nowrite' in mpfic may not be used.

Of course your experiences may differ depending on the packages you
use, but for someone with similar usage behaviour my recommendation is
clear: to install TL2004 (after having uninstalled the old installation
completely - except your personal texmf).

Claus

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>