[OS X TeX] emacs and Applescript

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Sat Dec 18 19:52:29 EST 2004

On Dec 18, 2004, at 5:09 PM, Claus Gerhardt wrote:

> Maybe I should rephrase my questions. Some people asked me, if
> Flashmode would also work with emacs/TeXniscope. When I started
> looking into the problem these hurdles emerged: getting
>
> - the path of the open file and

Could this be gotten instead from TeXniscope?

> - the information, if the file contains unsaved modifications.

I hope folks from the mac-emacs list are reading this. I've done some
digging and come up almost empty. I did get this. Emacs occasionally
(every few minutes or so) saves the current buffer in #filename#
(adding # on each end of the filename). That file could be compiled
based on modification date changing.

Joe

> If someone can tell me, in sufficient detail, how these two pieces of
> information could be extracted from emacs by an Applescript, I am
> willing to pursue this point further.
>
> Claus
>
> On Dec 18, 2004, at 22:57, Gilbert Harman wrote:
>
>> In current emacs there is the function "do-applescript".  Does that
>> help?
>>
>>  Gil
>>
>> do-applescript is a built-in function in `C source code'.
>> (do-applescript script)
>>
>> Compile and execute AppleScript script and retrieve and return the
>> result.
>> If compilation and execution are successful, the resulting script
>> value is returned as a string.  Otherwise the function aborts and
>> displays the error message returned by the AppleScript scripting
>> component.

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>