[OS X TeX] Publicon Trial available

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Tue Dec 21 04:47:50 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 03:11:57PM -0500, chris ciotti wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 10:32:07 +0100, Mark Smith <mark at bbprojects.net> wrote:
> > ** this is a cross-post, take care if replying **
> >
> > A 15 day save-disabled trial of Publicon for MacOS X is now available:
> >
> > <http://www.wolfram.com/products/publicon/trial.cgi>
> >
> > I won't spoil the fun by telling you what I think of it so far.
> >

> I looked at one of the LaTeX generated documents and found this in the
> preamble:  \usepackage[TS1,OT1,T1]{fontenc}
>
> Why would you need to load OT1 and T1?
>
> --chris

T1 is intended as the successor of OT1 and contains lots of
accented characters. TS1 is called the text companion encoding
and contains some typographic and other symbols such as
\textperthousand, fractions and paragraph symbols which couldn't
be fit in the T1 encoding. OT1 is probably unnecessary since this
encoding is defined and default anyway. I think it is still used
within math mode if the main encoding is T1.

--
Siep Kroonenberg
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>