[OS X TeX] Emacs compilation time

Thøger Juul Thorsen thoeger at fys.ku.dk
Tue Dec 21 10:49:58 EST 2004

Bruno;

To build Emacs as a self-contained Carbon app (i.e. completely
relocatable), do this:

Make a directory called Emacs, or something.  cd to the directory in
Terminal, then build Info with

  curl -O ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/texinfo/texinfo-4.3.tar.gz
  tar zxf texinfo-4.3.tar.gz
  cd texinfo-4.3
  CFLAGS="-g -O2 -D_INTL_REDIRECT_MACROS" ./configure
  make
  sudo make install

This then makes Emacs:

cd ..
  export CVS_RSH="ssh"
  cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs at savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs
    (verify that the site's public key is
80:5a:b0:0c:ec:93:66:29:49:7e:04:2b:fd:ba:2c:d5)
  cd emacs/mac
  ./make-package --self-contained

This will create a self-contained emacs and place an installer in a .dmg
in the emacs/mac directory.
Now open the .dmg and drag the Application to your /Applications folder,
and you're done.

(This is a slightly changed cersion of what Tim Larkin on the OS X Emacs
list sent to me)

This is the newest Emacs and supports images. I'm not sure how to
install AUCTeX and preview-atex for this one though...

/Thøger

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>