[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package released

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Dec 28 18:36:56 EST 2004

Am 29.12.2004 um 00:20 schrieb Aaron Jackson:

> the resulting pdfs are still nothing more that a series of boxes where
> each of the individual letters should be.  This happens no matter what
> font I use (times, sabon, times new roman...) unless I use the default
> CRM.

Your first log shows this:

> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file 8r.en
> c): cannot open encoding file for reading

It reads as if you've lost the file 8r.enc! I have it here:
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/fonts/enc/dvips/psnfss/8r.enc

Can you check at your site whether it exists? ('locate 8r.enc', if you
have activated this fast lookup; you can't trust kpsewhich, because in
case kpsewhich finds the encoding file pdftex should find it too!)

The file is almost 5KB in size. Try to get it via CTAN and it's search
option if you can't restore it from a backup, CD, or DVD. After you've
re-installed it, run 'sudo texhash' that teTeX learns about its new
existence in your system.

--
Greetings

   Pete