[OS X TeX] Modifying geometry.sty (was TeXLive 2004, PDFTeX magnification problem.)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Dec 30 09:55:51 EST 2004

Le 30 déc. 04, à 15:30, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

> You may try putting in your preamble, without any guarantee at all,
> based on the \AtBeginDocument code inside geometry.sty:
>
> \makeatletter
> \AtBeginDocument{%
>   \ifGm at pass\else
>     \ifnum\mag=1000\else
>       \ifx\pdfoutput\undefined\else
>         \divide\pdfpagewidth1000
>         \multiply\pdfpagewidth\the\mag
>         \divide\pdfpageheight1000
>         \multiply\pdfpageheight\the\mag
>         \divide\pdfhorigin1000
>         \multiply\pdfhorigin\the\mag
>         \divide\pdfvorigin1000
>         \multiply\pdfvorigin\the\mag
>       \fi
>     \fi
>   \fi}
> \makeatother

This probably won't work (and, in any case, one should divide by \mag
and multiply by 1000, not the other way round). Not knowing what
\paperwidth and \paperheight mean, I unsure about what to do.

What you may also try: copy the whole \AtBeginDocument sequence from
geometry.sty inside your preamble (between \makeatletter and
\makeatother, of course), then add after

       \setlength\pdfpagewidth{\Gm at orgw}%
       \setlength\pdfpageheight{\Gm at orgh}%
       \ifnum\mag=\@m\else\ifx\Gm at truedimen\Gm at true
         \setlength\paperwidth{\Gm at orgw}%
         \setlength\paperheight{\Gm at orgh}%

and before

       \fi\fi

the two lines

	\setlength\pdfhorigin{1\Gm at truedimen in}%
	\setlength\pdfvorigin{1\Gm at truedimen in}%

With fingers crossed!

Also, make sure you follow, in the list of options, mag=1200, for
example, by truedimen.

Bruno Voisin
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>