[OS X TeX] .enc problem. Reason found. Fix in the works

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Dec 30 13:24:59 EST 2004

On 12/30/04 12:10 PM, "Gerben Wierda" <Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl> wrote:

> The reason is found. Currently, only the *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Package is
> available and only the TL2005 and TL2003 versions of TeX work. The
> TL2004 Stable does not work, because I made an error when moving from 2
> to 3 releases. TL2004 has the TL2003 texmf.cnf.
>
> Apologies for my behaviour (I am under a bit of non-TeX stress and this
> comes at a really bad time).

I just did a full install of the TL2005 in Expert mode over my 11/23/04
TL2004 version and can report that it seems to be working flawlessly with my
fonts, etc., right now. I also re-installed XeTeX and the latest Context
Updater and they seem to be working also.

I hope the magnification problem gets resolved. The fact of the matter is
that whatever the logical reason for changing (La)TeX's behavior in that
respect people have gotten used to the old behavior and this breaks old
files without Bruno's ``fix.'' I don't tend to use magnification very much
but do have old files that did use it.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>