[OS X TeX] kpsewhich .enc strange (Modified by Gerben Wierda)

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Dec 30 15:40:40 EST 2004

Folks,

I can confirm this bug and it is a bug of i-Installer (the program)
handling dependencies of parts *inside* the package. This will require
some work.

I can also now provide a workaround. If you encounter this bug, you can
reset the package to its default state with i-Package->Reset to
default. This removes the settings that are kept inside the package
that trigger the bug.

Curtis, thanks for helping me find this.

On 30 Dec 2004, at 19:47, Curtis Clifton wrote:

> Try to run Install and Configure of the TeX i-Package.  This fails.
> The Subprocess Output error window shows:
>
> Can't locate
> /Users/cclifton/Documents/i-Packages/tex.ii2/tex.sharedscript.pm in
> @INC (@INC contains:
> /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level
> /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1
> /Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.1
> /Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level
> /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.1 /Network/Library/Perl .) at
> /Users/cclifton/Documents/i-Packages/tex.ii2/tex.selector line 18.

This only happens when you update an existing TeX i-Package. I am quite
puzzled why this has not been reported more often.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>