[OS X TeX] kpsewhich .enc strange

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Thu Dec 30 18:12:10 EST 2004

On Dec 31, 2004, at 00:07, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 30.12.2004 um 17:45 schrieb Curtis Clifton:
>
>> To get past this bug, it is necessary to exit i-Installer and delete
>> the TeX i-Package from my ~/Documents/i-Packages directory.

In case this is the tex.selector stage bug, a reset to default will fix
this.

> There needs something to be done in the case that the i-Installer sees
> fattened packages, at least a TeX i-Package. I did not see the triple
> choice when I had these old packages, so I would have not been able to
> upgrade to TL2005 without removing (renaming) the old i-Packages
> directory.

Not necessary. Resetting your TeX package to defaults and then updating
it will work.

None of the drastic methods mentioned (including removing whole
packages or uninstalling TeX) was really needed. The only thing needed
was a reset to defaults. The actions described by people trying to find
a cure for the problem did have that effect as well (but are a bit
drastic).

If this is about the missing ENCFONTS definition, that was a package
bug in the TL2004 section only. It has been fixed.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>