[OS X TeX] .sty

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 3 10:13:25 EDT 2004

On 3 jul 2004, at 15:31, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 3 juil. 04, à 13:38, George Ghio a écrit :
>
>> How and where do I put MY .sty files so latex can find them.? We are
>> talking about TeX not teTeX.
>>
>> Why do I see my life flashing before my eyes?
>>
>> I tried ~/library/texmf...
>
> You need to go deeper inside the hierarchy of TeX folders, to get TeX
> and its various ancillary programs to find the files it needs. Namely,
> for LaTeX style files they should go inside
> ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/.

One warning though: george has an unmodified texlive 2003; which means
that his home texmf tree starts at ~/texmf, rather than
~/Library/texmf.

> Basically, you have to reproduce for your personal additions inside
> ~/Library/texmf/ the hierarchy found inside
> /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/. The best way to learn IMHO is to
> explore its various subfolders and see how things are organized.

Again, no tetex, but any of the texmf direcory layouts you'll find
within /usr/local/TeX/share should provide an example.

> You said you installed from TeXLive, not teTeX. I've got no idea what
> the possible differences may be. Both should adhere to the TDS (TeX
> Directory Structure), documented in
> /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/help/tds.dvi (or wherever and in
> whichever form the file tds.tex may live on your TeXLive setup).

I think I outlined the differences in my reply.

Maarten