[OS X TeX] Update: Dissertation due and long dashes are faint.

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Jul 9 11:19:52 EDT 2004

On Jul 7, 2004, at 05:50, Brian Burge-Hendrix wrote:

>  Once again, thanks to the list members for all your help. I look
> forward to installing Latin Modern ... after the dissertation is
> defended!

If you use the i-Package, it is easy and non-destructive. You can also
easily adapt your document to use it.

Step 1: Open your TeX i-package
Step 2: Click Install & Configure
Step 3: Select Expert Install
Step 4: Enable the checkbox for Latin Modern, disable all others
Step 5: Continue to install

In you document, add:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{lmodern}

If you want to go back to the previous, just remove the \usepackage
lines from your document and compile again.