[OS X TeX] TeXShop Shortcuts for Bibdesk Services

Michael S. Hanson mshanson at wesleyan.edu
Sun Jul 11 15:32:16 EDT 2004

On Jul 11, 2004, at 2:53 PM, Adam Maxwell wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2004, at 10:44, Michael S. Hanson wrote:
>
>> 	I'd like to assign a keyboard shortcut for the "Complete Cite Key"
>> command under Services > Bibdesk that works in TeXShop.  I notice
>> that the shortcut is [Cmd]-K in Bibdesk itself (albeit greyed out)
>> and [Cmd]-[Shift]-k (yes, the menu item really does show a lower case
>> 'k') in BBEdit 7.  However, no shortcut appears in TeXShop.  As far
>> as I can tell, [Cmd]-[Shift]-K is not assigned to any menu items in
>> TeXShop (and I have not assigned it to any macros).
>
> You missed one :).  I just downloaded TeXShop to check this out, and
> Format->Font->Show Fonts is bound to cmd-K.  You can fix this by
> binding Show Fonts to cmd-opt-K or something in the Keyboard & Mouse
> pref pane.

	Actually, I had seen that, but based on the shortcut in BBEdit I
didn't think it was relevant.  Sure enough, setting "Show Fonts" to
[Cmd]-[Shift]-K revealed [Cmd]-K as the Services shortcut.  So thanks
for that tip.  However, what I'd really like to do is make
[Cmd]-[Shift]-K the shortcut for "Complete Cite Key" in TeXShop, to
mirror the existing [Cmd]-[Shift]-J for "Complete Citation"....

                                         -- Mike