[OS X TeX] bibliographies

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Mon Jul 26 07:32:17 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Recently I wrote several "mini-reports" for my sole use or to
communicate on-going progress to my coauthors.
Now for the first time I am trying to write a complete article, and am
facing unexpected difficulties with bibliographies.

By the way, if anyone uses Bookends in conjonction with LaTex, I'd very
much like to hear from you (if you don't mind getting a few questions).

For the time being I copied the references I needed in bibdesk. So I
have my LaTex source file, and a bib file containing the references I'm
citing.

I use the author-year style, so I did
\usepackage{natbib}

I am not ready yet to tackle making my own style description (I did
this easily in Bookends though), but I assumed there were a few that
were installed in a typical LaTeX install (mine is iInstalled, of
course).

I tried requesting agsm and chicago, which are both used as examples
with natbib in The LaTeX Companion, 2nd edition, but got an error
message stating "I can't open style file chicago.bst".

How can I easily install a few such style files?

Thanks in advance,

Denis

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>