[OS X TeX] Odd table behavior

Lisa Schweitzer lschwei at ucla.edu
Mon Jul 26 09:59:01 EDT 2004

On Jul 26, 2004, at 6:36 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 26 jul 2004, at 15:26, Lisa Schweitzer wrote:
>
>> I have a landscaped table using "rotating" that works great in
>> TeXShop, but when I compile a dvi in OzTex, the table is not only NOT
>> rotated, but it is shifted way down on the page, and way to the
>> right. Why is this? Obviously I have the output i need, but I want to
>> understand the difference in these programs for my own satisfaction.
>
> I believe OzTeX looks at the dvi output, and the rotating package
> works with (postscript) dvi-specials, at least when in old-latex mode
> with dvips post-processing. Note that this statements has two
> assumptions, one of which I'm not too sure about.
>
> How did you generate using TeXShop (dvips+Ghostscript or pdflatex)?
> Have you tried to post-process the dvi-file? (to either ps of pdf)?

Here I am going to have to take some time to tighten up my OzTex system
(I just installed it a few days ago) because I am getting error when I
try to post-process:

Calling Unix command: dvips -Ppdf -o TRB.ps TRB.dvi; ps2pdf TRB.ps;
open TRB.pdf
Current directory: /Users/lschwei/Desktop/TRB2004

This is dvips(k) 5.94a Copyright 2003 Radical Eye Software
(www.radicaleye.com)
' TeX output 2004.07.26:0647' -> TRB.ps
<tex.pro><alt-rule.pro><texc.pro><f7b6d320.enc><texps.pro>. <cmbx10.pfb>
<cmr10.pfb>[1]
sh: line 1: ps2pdf: command not found

So I'll need to fix this before I post-process. But I see what you are
saying, and it was really helpful. I'm only starting to  understand
these different Mac programs.  I wonder, though: are there any
advantages to dvi over pdf?

Lisa

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>