[OS X TeX] Odd table behavior

Lisa Schweitzer lschwei at ucla.edu
Mon Jul 26 10:22:51 EDT 2004

On Jul 26, 2004, at 7:13 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

>     altpdflatex script with some appropriate options. At least the
> correct call
>     to dvips can be found there).

Ok! Many thanks for this. I will go through and check that the
directories are set up properly. I am on 10.3, FYI; I should have
clarified that sooner.

>> So I'll need to fix this before I post-process. But I see what you
>> are saying, and it was really helpful. I'm only starting to
>> understand these different Mac programs.  I wonder, though: are there
>> any advantages to dvi over pdf?
>
> Asking the question is such an innocent action, answering it is likely
> to generate a holy war.

Ah! So sorry. Didn't mean to bring up a hot-button issue. But, then, if
it is a hot-button issue, it seems likely that each side has pretty
good points. Maybe you view the two formats depends on what you use:
I've never used pstricks or the like, for example. (I use gimp or
Illustrator to create graphics, and then import them into LaTex using
epstopdf.

Again, thanks for your time and expertise. I'll have to get to
understanding OzTex better before I can move forward. One thing is for
sure: OzTex got a mighty cute icon (hee hee--such a girly thing to
say).

Lisa

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>