[OS X TeX] bibtex apps

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Jul 27 21:30:58 EDT 2004

On 28 Jul 2004, at 2:55 AM, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> I haven't used Aquatkbibtex yet, but I've looked at many others bibtex
> UIs, and BibDesks beats them all IMO. I just had a short look at
> Aquatkbibtex and couldn't see any advantages over BibDesk, just an
> ugly UI.

Can BibDesk handle macros yet? I believe tkbibtex can.
By this I mean inserting non-literal text fields like writing "Month =
mar" instead of "Month = {March}" and the bst file expands the month
either in full or abbreviated, depending on its preference.

Similarly, can you define things like
@string{IEEETransMag = {IEEE Transactions on Magnetics}}
and then subsequently use the shorthand instead of the literal string?

My problem with BibDesk originally was that it couldn't handle these
things, but I'm hoping it'll change in the future...

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>