[OS X TeX] Lyris List Manager?

Ross Moore ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Wed Jul 28 04:36:36 EDT 2004

Hi Bruno,

On 28/07/2004, at 6:20 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Hi Ross,
>
> Le 28 juil. 04, à 09:45, Ross Moore a écrit :
>
>> Hi Bruno,
>>
>> On 28/07/2004, at 5:03 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Is it just me, or have other posters to this list received in the
>>> last few days, shortly after posting, a message from a "Lyris
>>> ListManager", with subject "re: your email message" and content:

I got one just after replying to your previous message.
When I saw it, I'd just assumed that I'd failed to notice it
in the CC: field.

But maybe Lyris is subscribed to the list !!!

We'll see what happens on this reply.

> In this case it doesn't seem random, as, starting a few days ago, I am
> now receiving one such message, always from Lyris ListManager, as soon
> as I post to the OS X TeX list. Gary Gray, whom I contacted, told
> there is a Lyris ListManager subscribed to the list, though the
> subscription feels a bit suspicious given this ListManager is
> apparently sending automatic responses.
>
> Your answer tends to indicate this affects only me, not other posters
> to this list, right?

Since most of my recent messages have been on the XeTeX list,
rather than this OS X TeX list, I've not noticed such messages
previously.

>> Has anyone else noticed a significant increase in junk emails ?
>

> Could what you see be caused by the MyDoom.M virus which was reported
> to have hit the net badly yesterday or the day before? Our
> administrator here has taken the drastic measure of temporarily
> rejecting any email message with a .zip attachment, so I do not see
> any difference.

Yep; those messages typically contain a .zip attachment,
so this is probably what I'm seeing.

Cheers,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>