[OS X TeX] Re: bibliographies and bibtex apps

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Wed Jul 28 07:41:52 EDT 2004

Hi, on July 26 I reported having problems when using natbib and some
styles that I saw named in examples. Thanks to those who helped, the
problem was that I should not have assumed these styles were installed
by default. For the time being I used "apalike" and got a bibliography
that is good enough for a first draft, but the process brought out a
few new questions.

1) my citations are in hyperlink (and lime green :-[). Is the decision
whether or not they are hyperlinked made in the bst file? Can I turn
this off while keeping things I like to be hyperlinks colored and
active (like references to figures)? How is the color chosen?

2) I cite a book for which authors and editors are given. I get a
warning: "can't use both author and editor field". Can't see why not!

3) I vaguely remember having seen a reference to a web site where one
could see the output from various bst files, to make it easier to chose
one. Does anyone know this site?

Thanks also to those who have offered comments about bibtex apps.

Bye,

Denis

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>