[OS X TeX] sectioning format

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jul 29 19:50:53 EDT 2004

On 7/29/04 6:09 PM, "Alain Schremmer" <Schremmer.Alain at verizon.net> wrote:

> I would like to achieve the following look:
>
> 01. Section 1 Name
> 1. Text in a numbered paragraph Š
>   Text in a new, unnumbered paragraph Š
>
> 2. Text in a numbered paragraph Š
>   Text in a new, unnumbered paragraph Š

The standard sequence is section, subsection, subsubsection, paragraph,
subparagraph. If you really want to use \paragraph you should change
\theparagraph via

\renewcommand\theparagraph{\arabic{paragraph}.}

and to change the section number to have a period

\renewcommand\thesection{\arabic{section}.}

You MAY also need to make the paragraph reset when section changes by doing

\makeatletter
\@addtoreset{paragraph}{section}
\makeother

if it doesn't work as is.

Would something like this work:

\begin{document}
\section{The First Section}
\begin{enumerate}
\item
The First Item in the list and then the paragraph continues so that it wraps
around and continues further to make sure it wraps around.

The Second Paragraph in the First Item and then the paragraph continues so
that it wraps around and continues further to make sure it wraps around.
\item
The Second Item in the list and then the paragraph continues so that it
wraps around and continues further to make sure it wraps around.
\end{enumerate}
\section{The Second Section}
\begin{enumerate}
\item
The First Item in the Second Section and then the paragraph continues so
that it wraps around and continues further to make sure it wraps around.
\item
The Second Item in the Second Section and then the paragraph continues so
that it wraps around and continues further to make sure it wraps around.
\end{enumerate}
\end{document}

So that the ``paragraphs'' are numbered using an enumerate list.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>