[OS X TeX] Can't open dvi files in TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jun 4 16:53:47 EDT 2004

Le 4 juin 04, à 22:46, Daniel Flatin a écrit :

> I am trying to review some of the documentation installed with teTeX
> which is only in dvi format.
> When I open the file directly from the Finder, TeXShop launches but
> does not parse the file.

Did you first copy the .dvi files to another, writable, location such
as the Desktop? The .dvi files live in a write-only directory, so
TeXShop won't manage to display them there: it converts them internally
to PDF format for display, creating a .pdf file in the same directory
as the .dvi file, so this directory must be writable.

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin