[OS X TeX] Differences in Pdftex and Tex+Ghostscript

Sameer Agarwal sagarwal at cs.ucsd.edu
Fri Jun 4 17:18:44 EDT 2004

Hello everyone,
I am using texshop, and I noticed that typesetting the same document
with pdftex and the tex+ghostscript produces pages that look different.
  In particular the vertical spacing between paragraphs is different
between the two. In fact the page break is also different by a line.

Is this normal behaviour? I am using a standard install with

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{subfigure}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{pdfsync}

in my preamble.  Any comments or suggestions about why this is so?
thanks,
sameer